Welcome to Wickad ways
Wickad Ways is a business in plant-medicine; rooted in my passion for nature and well-being in general and healing plants, and -therapies in particular. I love helping others make their life more nature inspired, grounded and magickal. My journey so far has gone from growing, harvesting and processing plants for my own health and skincare to the professional practice of herbal medicine and plant medicine. Through the extensive, practical study of the principles and techniques of natural beauty, well being and healing products I now enjoy sharing this forgotten wealth of knowledge through this website.
My office is currently based in Barcelona, but really I have the luck to say I can work from anywhere. This gives me the time and freedom to be in nature, travel and indulge in life. I believe that good health comes with understanding, empowerment, and the grace of our natural world. Nothing compares with the healing we experience when we connect with nature’s bounty, whether it be food, medicinal plants, or simply time spent outdoors. My three-tiered business is based on: giving plant medicine consultations, the art of giving; a range of beautiful gift boxes filled with artisanal plant-based products and offering workshops.
However, this site offers more than just that. I’m overwhelmed by the wonderful healers, businesses, organizations and natural spaces around and I am happy to guide you to them. For this reason, you will often find guest contributor work on my site, DIY herbal training to get you started and anything that pops-up in my creative mind. At times I organize nature walks and inspiration circles for like-minded folks, whenever they are available you’ll see them popping up on the website too. There is so much to be discovered, so browse around for yourself, connect with people on the blog and with me!
Bo Merkx, herbalist
My aim with Wickad Ways is empowerment – empowerment of my customers, my clients and myself in our common quest for wiser relationships with our well being, each other and with our home, planet Earth. She that offers us everything and nurtures and takes care of us in all her Wickad Ways.
By ordering products at Wickad Ways you ensure yourself of a responsible production process. This means:
- The plant based products are produced using whole plants and plant-based materials (such as oils and butters) which have been grown and harvested in sustainable ways.
- The use of genetically manipulated plants, derivatives as well as harmful synthetic chemicals is avoided.
- I strive to mainly use fair trade ingredients.
- The ingredients and products have not been tested on animals.
- I carry small stock levels of our self-produced products, ensuring customers of receiving products as fresh as possible.
- The products are prepared with respect, care and gratitude.
- I work in an ethical and responsible way, by making choices which help protect our planet and its ecosystems and avoiding exploitation of suppliers in third world countries.
- I want to share my passion for, and knowledge of nature, health and wellness.