Wickad Ways was created by Bo Merkx. It is a business rooted in her passion for nature and well-being in general and healing plants and yoga & meditation in particular!
From growing, harvesting and processing plants for my own health and skincare to professional practice of herbal medicine and plant spirit medicine. Through extensive, practical study of the principles and techniques of natural beauty, well being and healing products I now enjoy sharing this forgotten wealth of knowledge through this website and -shop. It’s grown naturally into a business comprising an ethical, “green” web-shop with several selling points in Europe.
As an environmentally-concerned consumer myself, particularly when it comes to food and health, I know that making “green choices” is not always easy or straight forward. As a business, it can be even more complex and this is an ongoing learning process. Today, I’m proud of the fact that the web shop specializes in carefully-sourced materials and products that have been used by people of all cultures to benefit health and wellness for centuries. They are free from chemicals harmful to the body. The market is constantly researched resulting in the addition of the occasional innovative, natural product that complements the range.
Next to the products, I also offer personal health advice and lifestyle coaching services which you can find on our blog and web shop.
Our aim at Wickad Ways is empowerment – empowerment of our customers, our clients and ourselves in our common quest for wiser relationships with our well being, with each other and with our one home, planet Earth. The planet that offers us everything we could ever wish for and nurtures and takes care of us in all her Wickad Ways.
By ordering products at Wickad Ways you ensure yourself of a responsible production process. This means:
- The plant based products are produced using whole plants and plant-based materials (such as oils and butters) which have been grown and harvested in sustainable ways.
- The use of genetically manipulated plants, derivatives as well as harmful synthetic chemicals is avoided.
- The used materials are wild non-endangered plants that originate from non-endangered habitats.
- I strive to mainly use fair trade ingredients.
- The ingredients and products have not been tested on animals.
- I carry small stock levels of our self-produced products, ensuring our customers of receiving our products as fresh as possible.
- The products are prepared with respect, care and gratitude.
- Packaging of self-produced products is friendly to the environment and recyclable.
- I choose energy suppliers which invest in renewable energy.
- I choose banking partners that invest in a green economy and planet.
- The company works in an ethical and responsible way, by making choices which help protect our planet and its ecosystems and avoid exploitation of suppliers in third world countries.
- I want to share my passion for, and knowledge of nature, health and wellness.